Assumption of the Virgin Church
Built in 1825-1830
Location: Ruska st.
This church is distinguished by its classic architecture style combined with Byzantium and Ancient-Ukrainian traditions. Its founder was Ukrainian Tadey Turkul, a Bukovynian boyar from a respected old ancestry. As a sign of gratitude to him the church had the name of St.Tadey for several decades, the same name was given to the church fellowship founded in 1834 being the first Ukrainian non-governmental organization in Bukovyna.
GALLERY (click photos to enlarge)
The main entrance
Monument to the 400th anniversary of Beresteyska union
The church well
The rear side from the church yard
Rear view from Ruska st.
The cross on the main dome
The cross on the small dome