CITY CULTURE PALACE
(FORMER JEWISH NATIONAL HOUSE)
Built in 1905 – 1908
Location: Theater square
The House was built in Art Nouveau style for the funds collected by the Jewish community as the local Jewish National House and became the Culture Palace after the World War II. The façade is decorated with atlantes statues.
On 22nd August 2008 the Museum of Jewish History and Culture in Bukovyna was opened here. The museum has various exhibits, mostly household items, religious books, historical documents.
GALLERY (click photos to enlarge)
The front side
The year-built plaque and the eagle - the symbol of Austro-Hungarian Empire
The memorial plaque. Text: "The Jewish National House was erected in 1908 by Chernivtsi Jewish Community". Architect: T.Levandovsky