CATHOLIC CATHEDRAL OF ST. CROSS ERECTION
Built in 1787 - 1814
Location: Holovna st.
The first Roman-Catholic cathedral in the city. The construction of the cathedral took about 30 years. In the process of construction its tower fell down twice. 29 July 1814 the cathedral was consecrated and given the name of "St. Cross Erection”. In 1966 a fire destructed the tower that was renovated based on the previous sample.
In 1909-1910 the Cathedral was expanded. The altar remained on the first steps inside the cathedral.
GALLERY (click photos to enlarge)
A right-side view
From the front side
The left-side view
The plaque with the cathedral name in Polish and Ukrainian
The cathedral has a dial on its left wall
The cathedral tower from Philharmonic square
Tourist info plaque